No products in the cart.
Cod with artichokes, potatoes and prawns
- 4 loins of desalted cod, approximately 100 g each.
- 3 artichokes
- 4 small potatoes
- 8 langoustines
- 100 g peas
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- Half a glass of Albariño wine
- 1 glass of fish stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- Bring water to the boil in a saucepan and add the eggs and potatoes. Cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, peel the eggs. Smash them with a fork. Set aside. Set the potatoes aside.
- Clean the artichokes thoroughly, remove the outer leaves and tips with a knife. Cut some into quarters and others in half.
- Put a dash of olive oil in a frying pan. Brown the artichokes in the pan over a high heat with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Set aside.
- Peel the langoustines. Also fry them in the frying pan for a couple of minutes with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In the same frying pan, brown the previously cooked potatoes, whole, skin on and all. Set aside.
- Dredge the cod loins in flour. Fry them in a frying pan with plenty of oil. Set aside.
- Peel the onion and cut into small pieces.
- Peel the garlic clove and cut into small pieces.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into chunks.
- In a low saucepan put a little olive oil. Fry the onion until it begins to brown.
- Add the chopped garlic. Stir a few times with a wooden spoon
- Add the tomato to the pan. Fry for about 15 minutes over low heat.
- Add the flour. Cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Pour in the stock and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Place the ingredients from the casserole in a blender and blend until you obtain a sauce.
- Add this sauce back to the pan. Add the peas, potatoes and artichokes, cook for 5 minutes. Add the fried cod and prawns, cook for a further 3 minutes approximately.
- When it is time to serve on the plate, put cod, langoustines, artichokes, some sauce, a little chopped parsley and several spoonfuls of boiled egg on top.
Recipe courtesy of